17 December 2007


Young Finch (on the left in the pic) has had his X Ray results and it appears he has not broken his foot so cannot be called Rooney anymore, but I am told that he has damaged ligaments! so he now answers to John Terry. As a result Xmas has arrived and I am now off til early Jan, these injuries do have fringe benefits for muggings, the only downside is that junior Finch will be at home as well. We will see the Dr tomorrow to find out what we have to do to get our budding test cricketer back in action, he was due to be having some coaching sessions for a week in the new year but I suspect that will be off now, shame I was looking forward to the peace and quiet.

The Finch kitchen will resembling a sweet factory this weekend, as Dan and I are going to be making sweets for xmas, coconut ice, turkish delight and peppermint creams amongst others being planned, expect icing sugar to be everywhere.

Just seen Fabio Cappello on Sky, apparently he does not speak english very well, methinks the man is pulling a fast one, as the questions were being asked he was reacting to the english qustions then answering only after the translator had done his work, his reactions gave a lot away he fully understood the english questions, I suspect that overpaid bunch of show ponies are in for a tough time from Mr Cappello, the man has no fear of big ego's and rules with a rod of iron, I think he will be good for our game and if I was one of those show ponies I would be worried.

Watched Charlton at the weekend on Sky as they lost 4-2 to WBA, we desperateley need to sign a few new defenders, and its sad to say but I think Chris Powell has gone over that hill just a bit too far and should be shuffled off to the reserves, its a shame as he is a smashing fella and was a good player in his day, but sadly that day has gone. Luke Varney looks good, loves to try things and with Iwelumo out I suspect he will get a good run in the side, I am looking forward to seeing Chris Dickson play, he is on loan at Gillingham and banging the goals in, hopefully we will see him in action at the Valley soon.

No comments: