6 July 2009


Off to see Mock the Week being recorded tomorrow, should be a giggle, Young Finch is fuming as its strictly for over 16s only, it is his favourite show! Poor lad. Last time I was in a TV studio I was in front of the cameras, I am told my appearance will be on in the Autumn! Have a look and guess which of us had demolished a vast amount of red wine, there were 3 main culprits, one was a certain Mr Hound the other two should be easy to guess...

Been to a scout meeting this evening, we are having a camp in a few weeks, for our explorer scouts, guess who is doing the cooking all wekend for 50 Explorers plus leaders! The menu is done and we are going on a recce of Makro this week to work out what we need for budget. Talking of cooking instead of going to a BBQ last Saturday a quiet night in was order of the day, a DVD, forgot what it was but it had Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton and was quite clearly a girlie film, and to top it all I cooked a vegetarian bolognese using Quorn.... not the best I have done, but went down well.

Got a letter from Young Finch's school about Swine Flu, I am still not convinced that it is as bad as they say, the stats say nearly 5000 people die every year from various flu strains, this has killed less than 5 and they all had underlying health issues, hyped up old toot as far as I am concerned. According to the letter we have to phone NHS Direct if we have any of the symptoms....waste of a bleeing phone call if you ask my opinion, the symptoms on examinng them seem very similar to man flu....

No comments: