30 October 2008

Well it's been a hell of a busy week, started with an audition which was fun and seemed to go ok! Tuesday found me delivering a health and safety session to a homeless group of peer befrienders, these people are reformed alcoholics, ex junkies and in most cases were homeless fairly recently, they are volunteering to help those still addicted, man alive what a great bunch, they loved my presentation, and were so easy to teach.

I am a big fan of both Russell Brands show and Jonathan Ross, and had "THAT SHOW" on my ipod, it was funny but very wrong! the problem I have is with the media hanging these two out to dry is, the show was pre-recorded, now I have done the odd radio show (some very odd) and you always edit out the bits that are either not right or just plain filth, so why did the production team or the BBC not do that with this show? something went wrong in the chain, part of the problem is that the show is produced by Russell Brands own company, and obviously he would have the final say, but the BBC who put it out should have checked it out and quite obviously did not! A huge amount of utter filth has been cut out of a huge amount of shows, and nothing is done about it, for a few days after the show there were only a handful of complaints, after a Mail article that shot up to 30,000+, now I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure your average Mail reader is not the target audience for these shows!

Nest week see's me at Talkback Thames recording a pilot for TV, I got an email today, I have to be in make-up at 3pm for a 7pm recording, and the list of shirts not to be worn clashes with my wardrobe..... i feel a trip to Bluewater looming, must phonethe Kiwi, I am sure she will help!

No comments: