5 November 2008

Another busy week, Saturday found Bertie and I making a rare outing as DJ's at a friends party, thought it was going to be a tough night, set up in someones living room, with older types and lots of young uns. the young uns vanished at around 10pm so Bertie and I stuck on some croons! man alive they loved it, we go had em all up and singing, I was dragged up at one stage and belted out Frankie Vaughan's Tower of Strength which went down a storm as did my unique version of Delilah! Bertie and my friends were impressed with my spot of Ballroom, one of the ladies wanted a dance partner for one tune and I obliged, poor sods had no idea I went Ballroom Dancing a lot with the Kiwi! A very good night, despite our initial fears it would be a wrong un!

Sunday was my birthday, a nice relaxing day, I got some great bits, including a Punk Pig that sings Sham 69 tunes (from John and Judy) Dan got me the Art and Science of Cricket, by Bob Woolmer, everything I need to make me a great cricketer! Tom was over Sunday evening to watch Lewis win the F1 World Title, and I made myself a trifle....yum.

Back to work Monday, very very busy and I have a trade fair tomorrow, where I am speaking! and this afternoon its off to Talkback Thames to record two episodes of The Qi Test, I have had to sort out 3 different outfits for their wardrobe to approve, no stripes or checks! thats me buggered. Have to be there at 3 for make up and we start recording at 4.30 I am told! starting to feel a little nervous now.

No comments: