25 November 2008



Had a great weekend in Wales with friends, we stayed with my big brother in Bridgend and had to be in Cardiff for 1pm for the game, trouble is the match started at 5! so off we went to a local hostelry where hospitality was laid on (Copious amounts of free beer) and me the only Englishman in a bar full of Welsh and Kiwi's! well you can imagine the amount of stick I received as the England South Africa game was on..... all good natured then off to the game, trouble was I spent most of the match popping down to the loo, the atmosphere in the stadium was incredible and when the Welsh belted out the anthem it made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. After the game we decided the train was not an immediate option as there appeared to be 70000 people trying to use the trains, so surprise surprise we hit a bar.... I must say shopping Sunday morning with young Finch was a rather quiet affair!

This Friday Ian and I are off to my brothers again for a walking weekend, my brother has selected a hill called Lord Hereford's Knob to walk round.....

No comments: