1 May 2009

Morning all, been a while, very sorry! not a lot has happened since the show, just me laid very low with a bad cold, so have to be a bit careful with that, dont want to end up in hospital again!

Cricket practice has now moved outdoors to Avery Hill, our pitches are now being looked after by Blackheath Cricket Club, which is great news as frankly they have been dangerous over the past few years, we had a good look last week and they seem very good, as the summer kicks in they should get even better. It seems the team has had a rethink and yours truly has been pushed up to opener with my brother in at number 3, he reckons two balls and he will be in...charming. Used a different bat last practice, its like a railway sleeper, I have been reluctant to use the beastie until last week when I discovered when you hit something it says hit.....

Been interesting going through my family tree, have been doing this for a while now, got stuck with my Dad's parents, problem has been both my parents are dead! so it is difficult to do without first hand knowledge, my two brothers have helped where they can, we have plenty of relatives on my mums side, but none that I can talk to on Dads, I have finally found out more about my dads parents, which was fascinating, my grandfather served and was injured in World War I, and my grandmother was married twice, her first we are sure died in the Great War. My dad had a sister who was two years younger, I have no knowledge of meeting her, it seems she is still alive, and had at least one son, so I am trying to hunt them down.

3 comments:

Old Finch said...

Re the Avery Hill pitches. Whilst they look a lot better the variable bounce is still there. So the excuse "i got a shooter" will still be valid this seasnon - thank goodness!

pete43 said...

I see you are getting your excuse in early! it naturally will apply as my excuse

Old Finch said...

..as opposed to last weekend when I got lifter - I blame that up slope in front of the crease!