17 May 2009

Now I have just wondered past our local community centre, in the past it was used for Scouts (they left because of the high cost)and local resident groups, nowadays from Friday evening and throughout the weekend it is the home to various churches, not something I have a big problem with, what does wind me up is the volume of the preaching, or should I say ranting and the music, being from Methodist stock I am more used to more traditional stuff, I have vivid memories of good old fashioned hymns being drowned out by one particular member of the congregation who thought she was top banana at the singing thing, I suspect no one had the heart or the bottle to tell her that she was singing the right notes but not always in the right order.... so these new gospel places springing up are not my idea of fun (to be fair churches in general are no fun for me, unless there is a scout loft where I can be very naughty), and what really gets my goat is the damn singing, some rotten bastard has told these poor souls they have a voice like Whitney Houston, its like your worst nightmare, they sound like some of the worst X Factor auditions ever....man alive I wish these poor tortured souls (to sing like they do they must be tortured) woudl pick just one note and stick with it!!! You also get the preachers, now they are a strange breed, in my younger days I was used to the preaching of Sidcup's quiet men, no ranting and raving about the fires of damnation there I can tell you, but this lot down the road are hollering at the tops of their voices that we are all sinners, and all condemened to the fires of hell! now if these buggers are going to heaven, its hell for me....

Missed Eurovision last night due to a previous enagagement but caught up with it on iplayer, man alive it was hilarious in places, the Albanian entry complete with Green Gimp was worth watching for on its own, I did predict on Facebook that smiling boy from Norway would win and he duly did, and the UK finished 5th, a good result in the end and the new voting system seemed to work! An honourable mention for the girl who performed with 3 Roman Centurions in hamster wheels.....stunning, shame about the song... Graham Norton took over Terry Wogan's mantle well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

scout loft eh!!!