12 May 2009

Well the new cricket season has begun, and what a painful day it was all round, we were up against what is labelled in the Kent Conference as a weak team....weak my arse, young fit with 4 quick bowlers, still we lost the toss, and inserted them to bat, they got about 162 -5, Old Finch copped a ball in the shin at seconf slip, the swelling was impressive, after a nice tea it was the turn of The Star to bat.....oh dear, wickets began to fall rather quickly, Bill managed 3 before being caught, whcih brought me to the wicket, I made 7 got hit twice and was then bowled...... for me the day was not over, oh no, as the last wickets were falling I was watching a ball drop into the fielders eager hands and forgot all about the two foot high rope outside the pavillion....crunch....the Finch was beached, brushing myself down to the sound of a few titters, I went and sat down, luckliy only my brother from the team saw this incident! as result of my unscheduled fall I seem to have sprained my wrist, we have a Twenty/20 game Wedsnesday evening, I cannot grip a bat (no jokes please) but will play at Greenwich Park tomorrow evening...

No comments: