18 November 2009


The chaps are girding their loins in anticipation of the trip a week this Friday, it now seems the entire team will be travelling in the mini bus, a discussion was held with my brother about transporting his mother in law to Wales with us, he obviously gets on with her as he is going to drive down and pick up himself rather than have her put up with us lot...a wise move.

Young Finch is doing extremely well, he has been asked to attend the Royal Geographical Society in South Kensington for a careers chat, as he is described as 'gifted' in Geography, the RGS want to show him and two other pupils what sort of careers are open to them! The lucky little sod is also going on a field trip, to Italy! to view an active volcano and a dormant volcano, I thought field trips were spent in a sodden field drinking cheap cider whilst wiping mud of yout totally inappropriate clothing. He is not doing bad here, he has a trip to France with me in Feb, Switzerland, Italy, and if he gets to to the Jamboree you can add Denmark, Sweden and one of Lithuania, Finland, Estonia or Poland, he does argue he spent a day in Poland, which is true, sadly the part of Poland we visited on a day trip from Cottbus, Germany was an absolute shit hole with not a plumber in site!
Talking of travelling, Miss W has been to the Himalyas and has got me an ethnic hat, I have not got the hat in my grubby little mits yet, but Miss W did send me a photo live from their hotel, as usual Miss W is being her usual magnificent self and I must meet up for coffee in my favourite coffee shop in the world over in Leyton, trouble is I would have to travel through Stratford, dont feel easy round there!

Dec 19th is a date for the diary, Wingit are doing there annual Xmas gig for friends, and the Sound Man (me) is getting up and belting a tune out...the Big Bopper had better watch out is all I can say, tickets are available drop me a line if you want to join us for a good night out with a cheap bar!

I would like to point out here and now a suitable wedding present is not a rolling pin signed by all your mates, but the bride approves I am told!!!

2 comments:

The Flying Pig said...

I think the only trips I got at secondary school was a day out to Boulogne and another one to see a fine example of a Norman castle - Rochester - it was nothing but a shell!

Think yourself lucky he doesn't do a language from the other side of the world - Japan was was not cheap!

And now there's a weeks work experience in Germany next year, a trip abroad for Business Studies - New York or China have been mentioned! Somebody out there is making a mint out of these school trips and it aint me.

The other week he had a day at the Food Show or some such nonsense and got close up but not personal with Mssrs. Torode and Wallace of Masterchef fame whilst they were filming a Children In Need special.

I swear he spends more time on trips than he does at school!

pete43 said...

I have to say if I could get up close and personal to Messsrs Torode and Wallace they would take a kicking.....