16 March 2010

Across the road from my office is a Greigs Bakers, very handy for as pie muncher such as myself, so far so good, so I can nip out of the office across the road and grab a sandwich and obilgatory pasty/sausage roll, great so far, sadly it all goes tits up once you attempt to purchase anything from the imbeciles that work there, now I would have thought working in a shop in the City that a reasonable grasp of the English language would be useful, not here in Eastcheaps very own Greigs, oh no ask for a pastie and you get a cheese and onion melt (whatever that is) they really do struggle, but that is overcome with a bit of pointing and smiling! sadly the customer service levels are appaling! they are rude, and snappy and I have never heard them ever be nice to anyone, there rude behaviour is met with knowing smiles from all of us regulars of this place, today after a stressful morning I decided to fight back, having ordered my items the female at my till ushered me along to the next till to make a payment which had a queue already, I had been in her queue for 10 minutes at this stage so I did not take kindly to being told to queue again, so I said no I will pay here just as your last customer did, she did not take kindly to this at all and told me, and anybody else listening that i was holding the queue up, i stood my ground and said i was not prepared to queue again and would pay here, she told me she was busy, I proceeded to let her know that I too was very busy and just wanted to pay for my items and get back to work, and just for effect I added a magic phrase which galvanised the poor woman into actually doing her job and operating her till, i said "chop chop then" and lo and behold she took my money!
So when faced with poor customer service, make your request then add the words chop chop.....it works!!!

No comments: