15 December 2008

It's been my first weekend in a while at home, and very relaxing it has been to! despite agreeing to babysit the godson's next Saturday whilst Mum and Dad go out on the razzle.
Did some serious shopping Friday, picked up the young Finch's Christmas present, man alive the wallet too a hit, and got some other pressies as well, so an expensive but fun afternoon was had running around Hammersmith. Young Finch himself has been an argumentative sod lately so been dealing with that one, which has included a grounding that went down well, many cries of "your so unfair", that fact that he is not yet a teenager has not stopped him going into full Kevin the teenager mode.

My brother and his wife have never forgiven me for buying my nephew many years ago a fully interactive helicopter that made noises, fired stuff and generally annoyed everyone, so each year their presents to Young Finch have been acts of revenge, we have had a mini orchestra, kazoo, mouth organ amongst other items, apparently they have something very good lined up this year, or so he told me Saturday! god help, the only saving grace is that I seem to manage to ensure these presents end up at his mothers, apparently Young Finch has decided whatever it is will stay here with us :(

Next Friday I will be attempting to win back my shirt which is now the winners shirt for poker, we reckon this Friday will be a late one as its Xmas, could be a very long night!

No comments: