19 December 2008

Right thats the second interview done, all seemed to go pretty well, have to wait and see, would like to get it as its a major Museum, I don't miss the cash at NMM but would like to get back into museums, they are such fascinating places, especially this one that has the best record collection in the world (that may be a clue as to where it is), the money on this one is fantastic, and would put me on more than certain friends he he!

Waiting for a few Xmas presents to be delivered, they are due today or tomorrow so fingers crossed.. although luckily Dan's gift is well sorted! and I am sure he will be a very happy lad when he gets it.

Stayed up quite late last night and had some very thoughtful moments, reflecting back on the past year, not my best is my assessment on the personal front, made a few mistakes and have some regrets, but now feeling much more positive for next year. On the career front it was a step out and a step up! getting my qualification is without doubt my greatest achievement, although there were times when I thought I would never get it.

On the Radio front I stood my ground and refused to lower my standards, I may not be on the radio at the moment but rather that than lower myself to Gateways misguided standards, had the big interview and thought I had achieved a big break through but lost out to someone else who was an internal candidate, to be honest I have not listened to them so cannot make an assessment of if they are better than me, but I think I could have done it, and at least Denise Van Outen gave me a kiss and thought I was good (at radio that is, she never offered an opinion on the kissing front)! Had a great laugh filming Qi Test in November, and met up with Rufus Hound after his gig the other night, he is a very funny man, and slaughtered me again during his show, but we had a good chat after and it appears there will be more QI Test for me! Apparently the Production Team reckon get me well oiled and I am away!

For once I am actually looking forward to Xmas this year, the last few have been hard going as I was a bit of a mess (although last xmas eve I managed to have a rather drunken time with my nephew in Greenwich)! but this year should be good, and it will be nice to have Young Finch around, its the first time I have had him with me on Xmas Day in a while, I have a feeling he will be playing with something new most of Xmas day!

Its Poxy Shirt Poker Night this evening, absolutely no Whiskey will be consumed by me this evening, but I do have a bottle of Bombay Sapphire that will be given a damn good seeing to, so tomorrow should be rather quiet at home.

No comments: