6 January 2009


A nice picture I hear you say, yes indeed it is, and I think in all honesty it's the clothing I need for the weekend ahead. As District Health and Safety Advisor I thought it would be a rather good idea if I went away camping with groups now and again, so there I agreed with an old mate that I would come on his next camp, I had visions of warm summers days under canvas, cooking on an open fire, in my shorts and t-shirt how wrong could one man be? The camp is this weekend, as I write its -3 in the daytime! and I am off to camp in Essex this Friday....... sweet mary mother of god..... the good news is its an activity camp with the follwoing lined up, Digger Challenge, Outdoor Quasar, Climbing and abseiling on the Gilwell wall, plus also a revolving wall. Simulator, Zorbing, Robot Wars, Rocket Building, Dodgems, Challenge Valley, Laser Clay and the old favourites to include Shooting and Archery, Crafts, Gilwell's very own Radio Station, Water Slide, Disco, Camp Fire, Cinema, Prussiking, Radio Orienteering, Wide Games and Quad Bikes/Go Karts. All osunds fun, and I am told my tent is lovely.......help.

No comments: