19 January 2009

Well its beena tad busy here at Finch towers, work has kept me amused, I turned down the job at a rather well known institution, looking into the job it would have been very very dull.
Rehearsals are going well, looks like I am kind of doing a solo, great song with me singing the song and the cast backing me up!
Cricket practice was good Friday, our first of the year, always a good evening, there were 3 Finch's in attendance, Old Finch went into bat first, which meant I was steaming in at him, sadly no wicket for me on this little spell, then up steps young Finch and wallop! the little sod has his wicket, cue young Finch doing his war dance, next up was me, the other two Finch's are champing at the bit, and double wallop, both young Finch and Old Finch are celebrating, me I was stunned, in my defence it was the first time I had picked up a bat since September, towards the end of the session Old Finch was back in, by now I was building up a head of steam.....wallop, the tell tale sound of stumps clattering was the signal for me to start my celebrations. A very good session, and we picked up our photos from last season, all very good, I may scan them in and post some of them!
Comig home after cricket was hard going, my knee buckled about 200 yards from home and I had to be helped home by Young Finch who then made me a cup of tea and ran me a bath! It all felt much better Saturday and there were a few aches and pains but nothing too bad, so I may have got away with it.

No comments: