4 December 2009

School parents evening went well last night, you will note the image of Vesuvius on the left, this has little to do with me losing the plot, more about the volcanoe later, first Parents evening, we managed to see most of the little oiks teachers, he was trying to steer us to the ones he thought were better from him, I on the other hand was very keen to speak to his science and tech teachers, two who as far as I was concerened were in for a bit of a rocket... the Tech teacher I felt a bit sorry for in the end, after talking to her it was clear she was being asked to do way too much! so she was spared the wrath of Finch, as for the science teacher, her explanations as to why in the last 6 lessons she spent the best part of them moving desks around, well they were pathetic and revolved around challenging behaviour, I asked if young Finch was one of those displayed this sort of behaviour, she said no he was a good pupil, at which point I asked why my sons educaiton should be affected by other pupils behaviour and her lack of control over them, poor lass began to flounder at this, and tried to explain but I ended up tearing her arguments to shreds.... We bumped into his Duke of Edinburgh leader, a young Aussie, the ex got the hump when we all started discussing cricket and the art of left arm spin bowling! We visited his geography teacher, it is quite obviolus that she views my son as her star pupil! so much so that later this year he will be heading off to Italy to visit Pompei and Vesuvius and she is thinking that in two years they will head off on a trip to Africa! the ex who usually gets a few questions during the evening had very little chance all night! His RE teacher is a scream, not what I always had in mind as far as RE teachers go! young Finch clearly enjoys his lessons with this teacher.
Dans music teacher was another who was gushing about the boy, sadly I missed what she was saying as for some reason I was not concentrating on her lips!

No comments: