3 December 2009

Tonight is young Finch's school parents evening, and I am looking forward to it, this term we have had a fair amount of phone calls home and a couple of letters from teachers, but these are not about the young un misbehaving, they are in praise of the boy, especially his geography teacher who thinks he is a star pupil with tremendous ability and potential in the subject, so much so he was sent up to the Royal Geographical Society for a days workshops and career advice which he enjoyed. Sadly there appears to be one teacher who is not enamoured with my boy, his Tech teacher has been having a few run ins, not just with my son but with plenty of other pupils, she seems to think its ok to change desks every week, a process that appears to be taking 20 mins a time in each lesson, now the fact that other teachers think my son is a bit of a star and only one seems to have issues with him leads me to believe that maybe the teachers attitude or ability is not up to scratch, this is also the same teacher who earlier this year was leaving the classroom and locking her pupils into the class, I ended up threatening the school with the fire safety officer from the local brigade ( someone i have owrked with a lot). So tonight I am looking forward to finally meeting this teacher and having a good old chin wag with her, I doubt if she will enjoy it that much but I will.

No comments: