14 January 2007

Welcome

Welcome to my blog, first off a little bit about myself, I am 40 something, single Dad to a boy that gets more like me everyday. I work for a charity who pay me enough money to keep me soaked in Gin and fine Whisky! In my spare time I am a Radio Presenter, presenting a sports show, for a community station and soon moving into the world of Podcasting I am told.Like a fool a few weeks ago live on air I agreed to take part in a charity bike ride, all sounds quite simple, well the trouble is I am overweight, smoke too much, eat too much, drink too much, and once I realised exactly how far this charity bike ride was I had a mild panic, you see I thought it was about 30 miles or so, nice and gentle... but oh no I have agreed to cycle from London to Paris in 4 days covering 300 miles which by maths means arounf 70 miles a day! so this blog will track my progress as I train for the trip in June, it will also keep a track of my adventures in radio and other things including Relegation Watch, which as a Charlton fan I am becoming used to the idea of Championship footie next year. If you play your cards right I may even post some picces from training and some music for you to enjoy. I am riding 30 miles today so will post later and let you know how many times I fell off, how many cars I scratched, fags smoked during ride and all that sort of stuff.Cheers for reading Pete

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck for your bike ride (I fear you may need it!!!)
I hope you have sufficient medical (and medicinal) back up.

pete43 said...

Oh yes we have full medical back up and of course medicinal compounds!!!

Anonymous said...

Vasaline is good for saddle sore - is that why you have a family sized pot in your bathroom cabinet?