6 June 2007


Greetings from Plumsteadshire, my bank have been very good and seemed to have agreed that I was not in Oxford Street ona spending spree and was in fact in Denmark! all sorted methinks.

The anti biotics finish today, so this weekend I am off the leash and loose amongst the alcohol again! which is perfect timing as I am at a birthday bash this weekend at Charlton FC, along with other members of the New Romney Mountain Rescue Team, so it promises to be a lively night.
Several people have wondered why New Romney, being marshland needs a Mountain Rescue Team, a very good question, well one reason is Dungeness Lighthouse (pictured) is very tall, and we are ready and on call if some poor member of the public needs rescueing. And there are some large mounds of sheep dung around the marsh which can ben tricky! add in the steam railway and global warming and the need is definitely there! I can expand on the reasons but you will need to ring me after 10pm Saturday night once I have a had a few sherberts to fully explain.

No comments: