15 June 2009


This is the reason I am missing Glastonbury, The Vulcan, XH558 to be precise, this wee beastie will be flying around the skies of Kent on the Glastonbury weekend, and given a choice between Glasto and old noisy bastard, old noisy bastard wins hands down, I have been up close and personal with this aircraft on a few occaisions, I have sat in the cockpit, and been on a van minding my own business trundling down a taxiway as the Vulcan switched on its afterburners directly overhead, an awesome sight and and even more awesome noise. so it was a no contest really, so 3 of us (Dan really ahs no idea what this will be like) will head off to Biggin Hill for the airshow, I cannot wait...

Right thats the spotter stuff out of the way! my poor son is in grief from his mother, something about looking at dodgy websites on her PC at the weekend, she did raise it with me and I asked was she sure it was him, there is another male in the house after all, gawd that went down like a fart in chapel..... the ensuing row was fun, including her describing the females as cheap tarts, well I tried to hold my tongue but my poor lad was getting a kick in from someone who had suddenly discovered morals.... I have a feeling the silence will last a while...thankfully.

I am watching Supersizers on BBC, they are trawling their way through 80s food...man live their are some orrible delights.....pop tarts! now I always thought the pop tart had something to do with Carol Decker from T'Pau......
Once that is over I am going to sit back and watch Withnail and I, compliments of The Sunday Times.

No comments: