13 June 2009


Well for the first time in a while I had cricket practice tonight, good fun as well, apparently we were supposed to be playing defensive shots.... I say apparently because the ball was vanishing to all parts, I tried a little bit of spin tonight....and grabbed a few wickets, I will not mention who I got out as he will get the hump! the session ended with an extra fielder, a very large dog belonging to Denzil, who joined us towards the end, trouble is have got home and my knee has swollen a fair amount and is very stiff and sore, so whacked some ice on it, and heres hoping the bugger goes down. So far this season we have only played one game, not sure why but its annoying as we have had some lovely weather in May and precious little cricket, apparently we have a home game a week Sunday.

The boy is away at his mothers, so its bad behaviour time for me, busy weekend looming, and there may just be a drop of alcohol heading my way at some stage. Talking of the boy, he managed to fall over last Sunday whilst rushing around outside the house, man alive did it swell, a pack of frozen peas was applied to ease the swelling and some painkillers, I wanted to drag him up to A&E but the boy was having none of it, it is not broken thankfully but the bruising was highly impressive.

I was invited to go down and do the radio thing at Glastonbury again this year, last year I missed out because of my studies, this year other things have got in the way so I had to decline the invite, looking at the line up I am wishing I was there, apparently the invite is still there if I change my mind, but I have more pressing plans for that weekend so its a no no for me, shame would have liked to have seen Bruce Springsteen.

In the process of sorting ut a stag do later in the year, I understand we are heading to Tallin, anyone got a flying clue where the hell it is???

3 comments:

Your Elder and Bettter! said...

Tallin is in Estonia - I thought stag dos in Eastern Europe was very last year. But, hey, what do I know.

pete43 said...

Elder and better? whcih one there are two of em!!! either way a dictionary may be required Mr Finch Snr!!!
The reason Tallin appeals is now no bugger goes there....

Your Elder and Better! said...

Dictionary not required - just new typing fingers