3 August 2009

The cricket, when played, this weekend has been very entertaining, a few short years ago I used to enjoy having the tv on with the sound down and Test Match Special on the radio, simply the best way to enjoy a Test Match, sadly in the age of Digital TV, Digital Radio this does not seem possible because of the delay, I have tried various different ways but they are always out of time with each other, a great shame...

I vividly recall visiting my nan as a small boy and her listening to the Test on Radio 4, I am not 100% sure she liked cricket but just liked the gentle chat in the background. The commentators in those days were a joy, Johnners, Jim Laker, Fiery Fred Trueman who was never quite sure "what was going on out there", Fred was a harsh critic of bowlers "the lad can't bowl a hoop down a hill" was a quote I recall. These Days we have Aggers, Blowers and Boycott, Boycott gets on my nerves a bot these days, nobody is any good, the batsmen are all useless and the bowlers cant bowl, about time Geoffrey changed the record, poor fella was on with Matt Hayden last week and was quite clearly losing the argument so he stormed off with the hump.....

No comments: