31 August 2009


A good day at the cricket yesterday for me, we had a new skipper yesterday for the day, step forward Older Finch.... who promptly went and lost the toss, and was then accused of being a useless tosser, now I cant think who would have called him that....due to the late arrival of one of our opening bowlers, I volunteered to open the bowling with young Sam our lightning quick, the last time I bowled I went for far too many! so I was a tad worried, I bowled four overs at medium pace and had a few very close calls, the batsmen seemed to have a bit of trouble with me, in the end my figures were 4 over for only 7 runs! a cracking start! sadly Billericay made 231 off 40 overs, a good score, and one we were going to have trouble chasing, but the situation called for a skippers innings, and bles the old bugger he blocked the first then wallop was bowled, tis brought me to the crease to steady the ship, sadly at the start of the next over the other opener was gone, not the best start, I was joined by young Simba and we proceeded to put on another 50 or so before he was stumped, despite me warning him about their wicket keeper! I had decided to hang around and just nick singles but got beaten by a very good ball and so was back in the pavillion just when I felt comfortable, maybe too comfortable!
Sadly we lost, but we had a smashing tea, then headed home for a BBQ, met up with Young Finch and off we went, now the trouble with taking yor son to a BBQ with all your mates is that they then proceed to relive past glories and holidays we went on, Young Finch was amused at the thought of his dad doing naked star jumps outside a Norfolk bakers at 3am in the morning, I had to point out that of course I was very very very drunk..... also a sign appeared which I was told I aquired again in Norfolk, again in the early hours of the morning! oh dear...

No comments: