2 August 2009

I see a problem looming at summer camp,. Young Finch will be in attendance, trouble is he is "in love" he has a girlfriend, young Georgia is very pretty and the pair are besotted, its very noticeable, when his phone goes and he gets a text he moves very fast dropping whatever he is doing and whoosh he is out the door, now this happened last week when his mother came to see him, they were chatting away and the phone vibrated and whoosh the lad was out the door without a word, now me being a caring parent and not a nosey sod was intruiged with this behaviour, so upstairs to my bedroom I crept and peered through the nets, there was my son in a clinch with a female of the species!!! I could see her not him, so a plot formed in my mind, summoning his mother i decided to throw some rubbish away! which would mean I would have to go outside the house and walk past the couple, not that these two would notice anything else going on! so items were gathered and off I went....I guessed right neither of them noticed me creeping past, but I got a good look at who I now know is Georgia.... very pretty and way to classy for a Finch!!! this behaviour has continued all week and the poor lad is very distracted, his mum wanted him to go shopping but no, he was concerned he would miss Georgia, of course being a leading expert in the dating game (yeah right) I have offered my advice to the poor lad, one little gem is as follows, never do anything for them in the early days of a relationship that you may live to regret, and are not prepared to do when in a mood, like buy them flowers on the way home from a trip with the lads, or agree to meet them at the airport to carry the luggage, in the early days of a relationship its easy to be too eager, once its all settled down a year or so later when frankly the idea of a trip to the airport to greet them with a hug and a kiss does not appeal as footie is on tv, you will live to regret the first flush of eagerness, you tell them you will see them when they get home, this is never commented on by the female until and argument over the toilet seat or something petty ensues and then it will be dragged up "you never met me at the airport like you did when we first went out together" so dont be to eager.... there thats one of the Finch gems to a long fruitful relationship.... I do hope he listened to the voice of experience.... barring the odd nutter/stalker/pyscho I have done ok to date.
Well the issue is we are away on camp for a week from next Sunday and I have sneaking suspicion we will have a love sick 13 year old on our hands.....god help us....

No comments: