1 September 2008

I need to elaborate on our cricket game yesterday, our team played exceptionally well and looked very lively in the field and worked hard to limit the opposition, we batted first had a dodgy start with my brother Bill holding things together, I was due in at number 5 and looking forward to batting with my big brother, sadly he got himself out so I strode out to try and get some runs and push our score up which we managed to do scoring 182 for 7 off 30 0vers which is a fair old lick and setting them a stiff run rate to achieve victory, which thanks to some great bowling and fielding we managed.
Now as a side show to our efforts on the pitch next to ours was the Essex Academy team, managed by one Keith Fletcher, who used to manage England at one stage, our younger lads were extremely keen to impress!!
This morning my knee is shot to pieces, its swollen and stiff as hell, the rest of the body is in full working order thankfully!

2 comments:

Gigi said...

Swollen and stiff? Oooer missus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pete43 said...

The knee is swollen and stiff.....although Saturday night....no I will stop there!