18 September 2008

You may recall I did some Radio for Gateway FM in Basildon during the summer, today they contacted me about working for them in December, one of the Directors called and wanted to discuss an email I sent in July, where I told them a few home truths, they attached conditions to me returning such as using their play-out system (which is crap) and stick to their playlist (also crap)I pointed out that the playout system was only suitable for webstreaming and not for radio broadcast and that the playlist was awful and not at all well thought out, at this point the Director decided to treat me like a child so me being me stopped her in full flow and said would not be doing the broadcast. I am not the only one at the station who felt this, but I seemed to be the only one who had the bottle to point it out. Sadly it appears the wrong person seems to be running things on Gateway FM.
Oh well one door closes and another opens! It could be time for a change!

No comments: