30 September 2008

Tis the season for the sniffles

I hate when summer turns to autumn, mind you I think we have just emerged from a long spring, because for several months I have been looking and have not seen sight nor sound of summer! well this time of year is usually the time when we all seem to pick up the sniffles, which is precisely what I have done, I woke up this morning feeling fine, had my bacon butty then started work, as the morning has progressed a sniffle has developed, until now at 13.30 I have a slight headache, I fear the onset of Man Flu, a very nasty condition that affects your average man, and renders him incapable of doing the most basic of tasks without moaning. The trouble is I have an extremely busy time ahead, the voice is required in tip top condition on Friday evening, and as for the rest of the weekend, well Dan is away so I will leave the rest to your imagination! On top of that this Monday I start doing some work for the Civil Service so need to be on top of my game. So I have no alternative but to look into the various pills and potions to help this old fart cope with man flu, and to protect my voice, I shall be eating lots of fresh pineapple, which for some reason has always helped when the voice has given me issues!

As I mentioned Young Finch is away this weekend at his mothers, luckily he and his mother have patched up and issues they had, so thank goodness I will not have to get dragged around the hell hole that is Bluewater. I seriously think that it would enhance the whole shopping experience if pushchairs were banned, these people drive there reasonably safely, so what turns them into arsholes as soon as they have a pushchair at their hands? they quite happily clatter into anyone who gets in their way, and the kids scream at the top of their lungs.....little shits should be banned!
I was discussing this with a Kiwi friend of mine at the weekend, who just thinks its hilarious the state I get in about it, now what I actually think hilarious is her trying to climb her apple tree to prune it from within! if only my camera was handy!
Still we got the job done and put some particularly nasty weedkiller on to the brambles, then spent the rest of the afternoon viewing a house,which was very nice, an offer has been made and accepted!

No comments: