13 February 2008

Blind Date

The little horror is still getting at me about this mates mum at school, he keeps reminding me with a horrid looking grin! He has even roped my ex wife into this line of pressure, which is about as sensible as letting a vampire loose in a blood bank, as far as relationship advice is concerned I think I will get mine from John Leslie rather than there!
There is a parents evening coming up at his school, where we are supposed to meet what are laughingly described as the teachers (dont get me started on his bunch of left wing lunatics) I have a horrible feeling my son may use this as a vehicle to introduce this poor woman to me!

I note that the Governments latest wheeze is 5 hours a week cultural education, marvelous it would be nice if they bothered to educate our children properly first. The idea of my son going to the Proms, Ballet or anything cultural like that is laughable, unless their is a ball involved, fast cars or Jeremy Clarkson they have no hope with young Daniel.

We had cricket practice last night, all good fun, I was bowling away in my net and attempting to take my mates head off, whilst young Dan was bowling at our skipper, who is notoriously difficult to get out, he has the look of a Boycott about him when he bats, I was trotting back to launch my next ballistic missile when I heard the clatter of stumps and the excited shout of my son, I turned to see our Daniel dancing away and the skipper staring at his shattered stumps!

No comments: