23 February 2008

I am starting to realise that going out the night before a radio show is a bad idea, It was not planned but I ended up in Greenwich with some friends drinking huge amounts and becoming attached to a hairy sausage dog! the hairy sausage dog was itself attached to a rather gorgeous looking young lady, who sadly for us was also attached to a charming young man, I am not a big dog lover but this was the strangest beast I had seen in a long time, and very friendly, I wanted to take the thing home with me! As usual on one of these nights it was decided food was the order of the day, so once we were ejected from the pub we spurned the Kebab, said no to a curry and headed for the legend that is Petes Cafe on Blackheath, It has been many years since I have been up on Blackheath after a night on the razz, Pete's Cafe serves a culinary delight that is a legend in South London, its a huge bun stuffed with everything Pete cooks, burgers, sausages, bacon, eggs, cheese and for that touch of class a pinepapple, all topped off with a dolllop of tomatoe sauce, pure heaven and served with hot sweet tea, in my eyes this is the best way to end a nights drinking, my Dr would be having a purple fit at the idea of me eating anything like it. It was absolute heaven.. and the evening was rounded off with a few hands of poker online!
Back to Englands own Craggy Island today, the Isle of Sheppey to sit in for Dave Williams on BRFM's sports show, looking forward to it, Bertie and I have some great music lined up this afternoon and just a little sport!

No comments: