21 July 2008

Mr Angry from Plumstead

Well something seems to be getting me going lately, I seem to be spoiling for fights, having resolved any issues I had at Gateway FM I appeared to be in a good mood, until I entered the studio on Saturday to be greeted by a man sitting in my studio chair, apparently he tells me he is the head of sport at the station, now forgive me if I have missed something here, but there has only been one sports show on the station and I am pretty sure he had bugger all to do with it! he then proceeded to tell me how to what I could do on my show in the future, which involved commentary from a local game, now this concerns me because if they did this I would not be needed, clearly the 'Head of Sport' had not thought of this, he also had not thought about how 'the grumpy one' would react! at this point there appeared to be some nervous shuffling from the office next door as those in there realised Mr Grumpy was preparing to deal with this issue head on.....
Head of Sport continued twittering on for a fair amount of time about god knows what and frankly I had switched off and was treating the hapless fool with the contempt he deserved, I did recall him mentioning that he did live match reports from Southend United, but only did home games... to which I mentioned home and away should be covered, he was quite firm that he did not attend home games! he then made a huge tactical error, by telling me of his experience of hospital radio, my opinion of hospital radio and their presenters is not very good, so it was at this point I decided the conversation was over! but things did not end there let me tell you, oh no Mr Sport then went into the office and proceeded to leer over Doris!!! who apparently gave him a Paddington hard stare. Now I am not a good person to make an enemy of, it happens very rarely but when I dislike someone I can become a tad evil....
So Saturday evening I spent some time cogitating over this Head of Sport and the Radio Station, and as a result I emailed the boss and told them I would stay on and that I felt we should not be covering Southend games, but restrict ourselves to our truly local teams! he he.
Since then a little bird tells me someone I have not taken a shine to gets into Southend United games for free as press! hmmm as we wont be covering their games I think I should have the decency to let the Club know that we will not require our space in the press box.....
Yours in plotting mood

2 comments:

M said...

I would like to point out that Doris informs me that she doesnt mind the odd leer as long as its not coming from someone who is five foot nothing and looks like a rat!!

pete43 said...

Just had an illuminating talk with the press officer at Southend United.....