13 July 2008


Yesterday was a funny day, went to the O2 to see the Tutenkhamen thing which was ok, precious little of his in there, but loads of other stuff, my old museum days came back, I was interested in how they displayed the items, although I have to say the items were fascinating, the blue colours in a lot of the items was so stunning with the gold, marvelous, we looked round the shop but it all appeared to be tat which was loosely related to Tut!
Had a mad dash to Basildon for the show, got there at 3.03 just as the news Presenter said "its 3 minutes past 3" my cue to get going, sadly it was downhill from there, the playout system we use is crap, it had a serious case of bad behaviour yesterday, I was trying to do a good show but the equipment would not let me, the playlist is appalling, the music it wants us to play shows that whoever put it together has no idea at all, all it would take is some time and attention to make the playlist decent, the same can not be said for the playout system, its a pile of junk that is unsuitable to the task, by 4.30 i was spitting feathers, I was rampaging around the studio, shouting and swearing, I like to show to sound professional sadly the equipment did not allow this, poor Bertie witnessed the Finch melt down at close quarters, I was shaking with rage and by was starting to announce the station as Fisher Price Radio between songs, at 4.45 I really kicked off, and refused to go carry on, poor Bertie had to take over the music whilst I stormed off, I ended up doing the weather just before the news and then buggered off for a fag, after the fag I managed to calm down and we had Den Hegarty on from Darts on, what a top bloke, interview went wel, after he insisted I made myself known to him at the gig later in the evening, the show passed off without too many disasters although both Bertie and I continued to call it Fisher Price FM!
Then we were off to London to meet Doris this proved problematic as the A13 was buggered in a serious way, so Bertie came up with an alternative route to Stratford to meet Doris, we made the 100 Club just after 9 and had enough time to have a beer before the band hit the stage. They were extremely good, a good time was had by all, they are a terrific live act, met up with Den Hegarty during the interval and got my photo taken with the main man which will appear here soon! Back to Doris's for bacon sandwichs and then home... a great evening shame about the afternoon.
Oh I forgot to mention Fisher Price FM have asked me to do some more shows....it aint happening!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

three words

Bad workman tools

pete43 said...

Not the workman, tools not fit for task

M said...

The workman is definitely not bad and in any case its not just one workman complaining. Sometimes its just the wrong tools.