17 August 2008

A very good day at Lords yesterday with Ian's band Wingit, they played for 15 mins before start of play and then 30 mins at lunchtime, had a run in with Lord's Health and Safety bod who quite clearly has not been to any charm school during her sad sorry lifetime! she came over as over fussy and just plain rude, and frankly turning your back on someone when they are talking is just plain wrong and is guaranteed to get me going, my way of working is to assess the problem then suggest ways round it, her way is you cannot do that, end of story, not a good way to get people to buy in to H&S at all and a clear demonstration of how to get H&S Officers a bad name, we should be there to help people to do things in a safe manner rather than just hinder and be an officious twat, we ended up winning our little battle as she did not realise what she had taken on, it was a deep joy to see the look on her face when it dawned on her I knew what I was saying, I managed to quote several bits of legislation relating to our issues, she did point out she had been doing the job for 3 years, I could hear the band giggling when I pointed out i had 10 years of experience including managing major events for a national museum and a premier league football club.....with that we scored an overwhelming triumph and she scurried off never to be seen again! The manager who hired the band was mightily impressed that someone had taken her on and beat her, that's 1-0 to common sense in my book.
The band were well received and will be back at Lords for major events in the future, 5 days on the trot next summer sounds good to me!
Got home very very tired was up at 5am to get to Lords so sleep was easy!
Young Finch is happy to be home and excited about the trip to France on Friday, its good to have the little horror home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still Lourdes sounded a better gig

pete43 said...

Madonna's daughter????