12 August 2008

Well what a weekend! had a whale of a time, Friday night was spent in the Star who I play cricket for, with my Godsons parents, the kids are in France for the summer and apparently loving it out there, so the 3 of us without kids made the most of it, think I got to bed about 3am!
Now when I have had a few I have been known to come up with a few ideas, and Friday night was no exception, as result Saturday afternoon the 3 of us who were out Friday went down to their allotment and picked loads of Blackberries, the reason? Stephen and I are making Blackberry Schnapps for the New Romney Rescue Weekend in December. I also took the opportunity to have a look at the Wii fit, and apparently my Wii age is 39!!! considering I am now 45 that is very pleasing, although not altogether surprising as I have been having 2 net sessions a week on top of a couple of games of tennis. Poor Stephen, who is considerably younger than me is very upset as his Wii age is more than mine and could not quite understand it!

Saturday evening one of the team arrived from France, sadly his marriage has broken up so we had a night in drinking! and having a general gossip and catch up, all good fun. Had a gorgeous roast dinner Sunday, I cooked roast beef with all the trimmings followed by a lemon meringue roulade and fresh cream......lovely

Had a game of tennis last night, 3 sets of hard fought action, cue me giving myself a severe talking to myself during the game and all sorts of bad language! I lost! and this morning I have woken up in all sorts of pain, my back is killing me and my heel for some reason cannot take nay pressure, so no cricket nets tonight so instead its the Star for the quiz night!!!

No comments: