30 March 2008

Being a Charlton fan of many years suffering I have become accustomed to disappointment , but this season it has been hard to swallow, I accepted last season as 3 managers in 12 months is a sure fire recipe for relegation in the Premier League. This season started with lots of hope that we could push for promotion, Lots of new players were signed by Pardew, so it was understood that they would take time to settle into life at Charlton, come the transfer window we needed to be careful who was signed, what was glaringly obvious us that our defence was awful. Its blindingly obvious that a good team is built on a strong defence, so come January I was hoping that Pardew would tighten up that area, but no he signed 30 year old Andy Gray, who likes as likely to score s I do to appear live on stage with Queen! we wasted several million pounds on him, surely the money would be better spent on our shoddy defence. You have to question Pardews judgement when he signs McCleod, and Gray. Our midfield is crying out for a big strong bruiser, Holland is a good player, but I am not 100% sure about Semedo. As for Nicky Weaver in goal, I groaned when I heard we had signed him, man alive he took some fearful stick when he played against us for Man City, based on the fact the entire stadium had worked out he was crap.
So no play offs for us this season, and unless radical surgery pon our defence is carried out next year will also be the same, and then the Sky money runs out......
Still I see Newcastle did well today.

No comments: