26 March 2008

Cricket was hard going last night, young Finch took my wicket again! cue the usual war dance from the little sod and titters from the rest of the team, I think the titters were of relief as he had not bowled them, its very nerve wracking when you get your pads on wander into your net and little Finch decides to change to your net.... Our skipper also got me out, which was a signal to stop the Botham like slogging and turn into Geoff Boycott, once the wickets had fallen I played defensive and looked bloody impressive, only problem is I now have two very sore knees, the right is usually the one that gives me problems, well thats very tender, but for the first time my left knee is sore... I will have to get myself a massage, that always seems to help. I cannot help thinking that the walk om Saturday did not help! I bowled ok as well, took a few wickets, one of our youngsters Sam was in a particularly blood thirsty mood and was sending down some horrible chin music, would have rather faced him than Dan if I am honest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

alternatives to cricket - lawn green bowling - nice and relaxing and low impact or if you don't fancy that there's dominoes, crib, bridge - the list is endless.