10 March 2008

The Big Storm


Now I recall in 1987 Michael Fish said that there would not be a hurricane, and overnight the biggest storm in my lifetime hit causing untold damage across the country, move forwards to 2008 and all weekend we have been bracing ourselves for the big storm mark 2, and so far what a disappointment it has been, a strong breeze and a few leaves! now I have a theory, in 1987 they got it wrong in a rather large way, so they have seen the forecast for this week and have decided to cover their collective arses (technical phrase) and have given us all dire warnings that this storm would be huge. The question is are they right or wrong? me? I have no idea, but I know one thing, I would love to be out in a rather large yacht when it is blowing a hooligan (another technical phrase for you East London types), sounds like my idea of fun!

No comments: