26 April 2008

Christ alive, what have I done? I was at the studio today for my summer broadcast, I have to my horror discovered that the studio I will be broadcasting is in a rather prominent position, as I am broadcasting on a Saturday afternoon, when shoppers are in full shop, I am deeply concerned! you see the studio is in a very large shopping centre, and the window is a shop window and I will be facing out towards the food hall! there are no blinds, and I can be seen and see the good people of Essex shopping, I rather fear a huge amount of bare arses pressed against the window, and on top of this the station as well as being on FM, T'internet will also be piped throughout this shopping centre....marvellous, I so cannot wait...
It has been a long day, man flu is still bad, and I made another clothing error, wore a shirt with a sweatshirt on top, only to realise when it was too late that the shirt had a massive tear in it, so I was forced to sweat my nut off all day.
The Colonel was due to give me a lift home but the old horse smelling one was staying til 7 this evening, being in the state I was Out of Hours Doris was on hand to rescue me and bring me home, not until she had laughed like a drain at the studio position, but she went up in my estimation at Starbucks where a Coffee appeared with some doughnuts! she did blott it though by dragging me to what is clearly a womans shop so she could buy some material for a flag, I worry about the choice of felt, as I suspect it will disintegrate in the rain that will fall on Glastonbury? I moaned the entire time we were there (its my job I am a man) and suggest that a bra and knickers would be better for the flagpole but was told that one of the occupants goes commando!
Now I also feel I must address a certain lady who I have not met... Ruth, who says I am a real trouser.....never heard that one so I have no idea what the hell it means!
Someone enlighten me please!

4 comments:

M said...

trouper you dope.

pete43 said...

well it said Trouser on the text, I blame Out of Hours Doris.....

pete43 said...

Well the man flu feels slightly better, I may have got through the worst of it, so I have spent the morning going through several 1000 new songs and talking to friends on the phone and remembering songs that match certain occasions.
Mr Travers is arriving at 12 to watch the Grand Prix, so I am making some bread, just waiting for the first rise then will get stuck into it again and then shape it into a large bloomer, we are going to have bacon butties and cappaciono..

M said...

you blame out of hours doris - to be honest I understand she isn't that good. Can be a prone to blonde moments, and doesn't alweays check her predictive texting - Lord alone knows what her audio typing is like