2 April 2008


Well what was going to be a quiet weekend has gone out of the window!
Saturday morning will find me in darkest Essex visiting my new radio station, then its a mad dash down to Sheppey as I am covering for Dave Williams on the BRFM Sport Show, Dave has somehow managed to get some tickets for Arsenals game against Liverpool. Sadly John Pitts will not be on the show, many reasons for this, firstly Sittingbourne are playing Friday night, also its his birthday and he is going to see We Will Rock You, now I am surprised at this choice of show, but bearing in mind that there does not seem to be a Bee Gee show yet, the 4th Bee Gee has settled for the Queen show instead. He has mentioned that his twin brother Peter may be available to talk about the previous nights game. Peter and John are pretty identical and I have mistaken Peter for John at Sittingbourne, Sorry Peter I apologise profusely!
Mark Rogers should be popping in, and hopefully we may have some F1 chatter, and of course some great music and me!
Young Finch was somewhat subdued at cricket practice last night, had a bad night poor lad, he tripped over in his run up and banged his knee a bit so sat out most of practice, but not before he had bowled at me, no wicket for the boy this time, I was Geoff Boycott personified! Last night saw me try out a new helmet, I am not used to wearing a helmet so it was good practice, sadly there is a down side. We have two very quick bowlers, Sam and Simba, who create mayhem when they bowl, two eager teenagers who are seriously quick saw the helmet as the ideal time to practice some short stuff! Man alive I was seriously scared at times, the pace was frightening, and they were moving the ball into me, I forgot all ideas of being Geoff Boycott and opted for ducking and weaving, I only got hit on the head once, so the helmet did its job. I can wait to see these two in action in the summer, they are going to cause absolute chaos. Our best bowler was Nicky V last year sadly Nicky was murdered last September and we will miss him at games, but these two boys would have him chuckling at the thought of their bowling!
Another one of our bowlers last year missed the last few games with ankle problems, and has only just returned to practice, he was bowling at half pace, but the ball was moving all over the place, impossible to play against, and he was not even keeping one side of the ball polished, so I let him use my ball which is heavily shined on one side and he really started swinging it outrageously, looks like our bowling is going to be very strong this year, as for our batting....oh dear
I would also like to add that I ache like buggery this morning, its worse than it has been before, but at least the knee seems ok!

No comments: