25 April 2008

Man Flu Strikes

I have spent a busy day trawling around East and West London today for my employer despite the deterioration of my condition (I have man flu). Despite this serious handicap I have managed to get a lot done and even managed to enjoy myself avoiding discussions about Condoms at Glastonbury despite extreme provocation....
Enjoyed another game of boom, firstly alone when a dodgy looking middle eastern gent sat opposite me on the 24 bus from Pimlico, he had a camera case in his lap and was fingering his mobile phone, a classic winner in the game of BOOM! if you ask me. Following a trip to Starbucks I was joined by my companion as I spotted another potential BOOM! winner.
I also had a discussion about Doris..... now Doris is a young lady who works as your P.A., Secretary or Admin person, I have a good friend who I still call Doris whcih she accepts in the spirit it is intended! the reason I raise this is that I telephoned my brother to see if he was working in Pimlico today, he was in a meeting and a young lady answered in a Welsh Accent which meant tow things to me, 1. He was in Newport and 2. She was his Doris, I mentioned this to my female companion who was astounded that I call someone a Doris, despite my attempts to explain it was a term of endearment she was less than impressed....women.....nowt but trouble
Yours in Hot and Cold Flushes
Ps forgot to mention, you may recall a few weeks ago I ducked out of visiting my new radio home in Basildon, well I am due back there in the morning, this man flu is bad and may stop me.... oh dear.

2 comments:

M said...

Perhaps your explanation of 'Doris' as a term of endearment was hampered by your 'man flu'. As for it stopping you going to Basildon - if you do not go I will be forced into speaking to the Colonel and explaining that you were fine when I saw you.

pete43 said...

Dear Doris, I was not at all well when you saw me, and still am not that good, but despite this I shall make the effort and get to Basildon!