7 April 2008

I feel I may have been unfair to Stratford in a recent blog, the reason? simple, this morning I sat in Woolwich outside a Costa coffee sipping a Latte and realised how awful Woolwich really is, what an absolute dump, I recall in my early teens it was a good place to shop, lots of decent clothes stores, the first MacDonalds in the UK, The RACS department store, Cuffs, Littlewoods, Marks and Spencers. Now it seems to be a series of pound shops, card shops, mobile phones, a market that is nothing like as good as the market I used to love shopping in, my favourite trick was walking past the Fish Stall and saying very loudly 'morning ladies', as a rather cheeky teenager a group of us would stand in the centre of the market and just stare up into the sky, now after a while a crowd would gather and start staring up, at which point we would melt away and look back at a bunch of people staring in the sky for no reason, try it, you only need two or three of you to get the buggers going, they are like lambs! another popular pastime of ours was at the RACS on Plumstead Common, we would stand at the crossing and wait for the cars to stop then walk across as if we were carrying a large pane of glass, then we would act as if we had dropped the thing, we would have a fair fews cars queuing at this stage, and it was always a giggle to see drivers swerving to avoid the non-existent glass on the road!
Anyway back to Woolwich, its dump and full of people with no skin left on their knuckles... man alive pond life everywhere, so may I apologise to the my Stratford living friend who was upset at the last blog, and who sat with me in Woolwich and noticed with me that Woolwich is indeed a complete shit hole...
Apparently they are in the process of redeveloping the Love Lane area, and building a rather nice new Tesco and some other stuff, hopefully I will be living in the countryside somewhere rather than Woolwich.

No comments: