22 June 2008

I was really looking forward to cricket today, got the tea sorted for after the game, got all my gear together, had my pre match drink which is specially prepared by Brain the Landlord, I had a little warm up at the ground and then my first ball chase....ping when the strings in my calf, so I could not bowl, worse was to follow, as the oppositions innings came to an end, a ball was launched in my direction by the batsmen, at first it looked like I could catch it, then at the last second it bounced to the floor, now the bounce looked like I could take it a waist height, nut the damn thing lost all its pace and clattered into my groin, there was a seconds delay before the pain hit me, apparently I went down gradually and failed to get up, my team did not immediately rush to their stricken team mate, no they did what all men do when another cops one in the nads, first they winced then the chuckles could be heard, I was told this eagerly by my team mates, as I was in my own private world of pain and was curled up in a ball, after a rather long period on the floor I resumed my fielding duties for the last over, and to make matters worse I hobbled out to bat and was out for a golden duck, deep joy.... back at the pub the lads despite losing were in a good mood, Young Finch arrived and giggled with delight at the description from the lads of my incident. Our new skipper was proudly showing off a bruise on his arm, at this point other team members started showing off their battle scars from the game, this soon stopped as I started pulling at my belt and offered to show my swelling! Cannot think why......

1 comment:

M said...

Can't think why they laughed - I wouldn't have!