12 May 2008


Now those of you who read yesterdays and previous blogs will know I am back involved with Scouts again, at first I went back just to advise on Health and Safety, so I thought a couple of hours a month, no worries! well since then I have been dragged onto the Premises Committee and more recently the Gang Show, which to add to it I have agreed to tread the boards next Spring! So yesterday I popped along to a show meeting, which was a major thing for me as it meant I missed all the football on the box! Firstly my mate Steve arrived with a man bag very similar to mine, turns out it was mine, I honestly do not recall taking it up the previous evening, so it must be the alcohol that has blurred that bit out! and secondly Matt our District Commissioner reminded me of the District Executive Committee meeting next week, what meeting I enquired? what committee? apparently I had been co-opted on by our Commissioner! nice so now my Monday evenings are being filled up rather rapidly.....
Never drink and volunteer is my new rule..

No comments: