5 May 2008

Well I have had some food, and feel recovered from my Eurovision nightmare! At the weekend I received a shed load of MP3's, about 3,500 from Colonel Bertie, had a cursory scan Saturday evening and yesterday, but this morning I am delving deep into the library and discovering some long forgotten gems, currently I am tapping my feet along with Boney M - Rasputin and on the playlist next is The Motors - Airport, always one of my favourite songs, luckily there is no sign of the Goombay Dance Band singing 7 Tears, which knowing the horse smelling Colonel as I do I am surprised its not there! Other gems include Tarzan Boy from the 80s, an absolute pile of old rubbish but it gets the feet tapping!
All this is possible because of this wonderful 120mb external hard drive, I recall in the 80s going to do Disco's with crates of vinyl and a case full CD's, these days when we do one its a laptop plugged into an amp with an external hard drive, and hardly any gear to lug around, marvelous, and the last time I did one I got paid £450 for two hours work!!! ha ha work? my arse, two hours of playing tunes to a group of drunken business people is my idea of easy money.
Right now back to the music, its The Real Thing - Can you feel the force, which I had a the 12inch Purple Vinyl version!!! oh the memories!!!

No comments: