7 May 2008

Well what a strange day, Work is seriously not good, big decision required pretty quick methinks.
So I met a couple of friends for coffee and Pete the Poof was rather taken with the new ringtone!!
Tomorrow is my ex wife's birthday, now apparently in February she told me what she wanted, which was either a David Soul cd or some book about politically correct nursery rhymes, so last night after cricket practice, when I am in a sorry state its mother rings to remind Dan about the birthday, bearing in mind this is the first hint I have had since February she expected me to remember exactly what she wanted! christ alive she forgets very quick, she should know that warning me in Feb is no good unless you follow up with further hints up until about a week before, so this afternoon found me in just about every large record store in London, now I dont know about you but asking some spotty adolescent twat in HMV for David Soul is not the coolest thing in the world, needless to say none of the ex work shy tax dodging shopping assistants had heard of David Soul! for christ sake he was in Starkers and Crutch!!! so I decided to find this book, another error i walked mile upon mile and was getting desperate until I stumbled into Waterstones in Charing Cross and there in the humour section was the Politically correct book of nursery rhymes!!! thank the lord and it was cheap (no point spending too much on her) so I purchased the book and headed off, once I arrived home I showed it to Dan and we wrapped it for the two heads, who arrived to visit Dan, now the boy was a tad excited that we had got her exactly what she wanted so insisted she opened it, which she duly did, trouble is the ungrateful bint then announced that the book she wanted was actually called The Politically Correct Book of Bedtime Stories.... fuck me the ungrateful woman! I traipsed around the West End for that book and all she could do was moan!!! so not to be outdone I logged on to Amazon and found the book she wanted and ordered it at £1.29.... and when it arrives it will have pride of place on the bookshelf in the newly decorated loo! I think she thinks I have ordered it for her.... daft woman what does she think I am!
Got my July exam dates through the other day, the dates are extremely close to Glastonbury, I may have to skip my week paid and study, I really do not think it would be a good idea to spend the week down there so close to the exam..... must ring Old Finch for some advice!

No comments: