12 May 2008


On TV last year was Three Men In A Boat, Griff Rhys Jones, Dara O'Brien and Rory McGrath rowed up the Thames through Oxford on a Thames Skiff, using the boat to sleep on as well, it looked very nice I thought, turns out a few members of the Star Cricket Club have hired one and are off next weekend, so my mate Steve W (gave up working for Maclaren F1 to come back to National Maritime Museum stupid boy) thinks it would be a jolly wheeze if we had a weekend, so plans are afoot, it does seem a very good trip rowing gently up the Thames (the nice bits) and stopping at the odd public house.
Also Dan and I are off to France for a week in late August, my godsons grand parents live out there, Eamon is a good laugh and enjoys sharing a few bottles of fine red with me on New Years Eve, the Godsons are spending the summer there and we have been invited for a week, which will be great fun, Eamon tells me the wine is dirt cheap and very good and the cafe's int the quiet village are very welcoming, we are going across on Eurostar and they will meet us the other side.
I am also aware I have not been sailing in a while so Mackerel McCabe and I are planning a small journey at some stage and the New Romney Mountain Rescue has booked its annual Xmas training weekend for 5th Dec in the Brecons at the same place we stayed last year...... here's hoping the van does not hit any stray barns....

2 comments:

Gigi said...

Ooooo a boat up the Thames, take me! Take me! No wait, I'm not good on boats ... France? Take me! Take me!!!!

pete43 said...

Ah well sadly the place in France is full!!! and the boat involves rowing!!!