2 May 2008

What a nice relaxing morning I have had....not, I was woken up by young Finch hunting for his packed lunch, luckily despite my tired eyes I recalled it was in the most obvious place, the fridge.... which he had not for a moment considered despite the fact that ever since the little sod started school is where it will always be found in the morning, I do wonder where he gets this from, I can only assume its his mother, she forgot who she was married to once!!! or was it twice?

After that I trundled down the stairs in gruff daddy bear mode, put the kettle on, at which point young Finch departed for school and I was left totally alone until Monday evening....pure heaven, so I settled down to watch the news to see how the elections had gone, when the TV and PC switched themselves off, at first I thought a fuse had gone but then seeing my ever so eccentric neighbour (must tell you about his ginger wig he wears when pretending to be his twin brother,in a kilt with a crap Scottish accent, which convinces nobody as his Brummie accent is always there)well he was outside in his dressing gown scratching his head, and was quickly joined by our local wide boy, sensing something was afoot I ventured out and it appeared we had a power cut, so having not had a cup of tea i stuck a pan on with some hot water on the gas and just as the thing boiled the power was restored...marvellous

I am venturing out later this evening but during the day I am staying in, as I will without doubt be dressed entirely in the wrong way and will either get a good soaking or boiling hot, thats how it has been for me the past few days, I detest April/May you can never be sure if you need a coat.... so its best if I stay indoors methinks.........

No comments: